Last Updated on February 3, 2022 by Dogs Vets
- Careful research is needed to find a safe and convenient boarding option for your dog.
- First, visit your kennel or pet handler with your dog to see how they interact with them.
- Safety is paramount, so look for safe, clean, chemical-free and temperature-controlled rooms.
When you want to put in your dog, it is important to find a situation that is very comfy and very relaxing for both you and your dog. These days, there are more choices than ever before when you leave your dog to be cared for by others.
In addition to boarding kennels, there are dog handlers who will house your dog in your own or your home.
A good place to begin is to ask the names of a veterinarian, hairdresser, boarding kennels or dog handlers recommended by friends or neighbours with a dog.
It is important to know what questions to ask and what to look for when finding the right boarding experience for your dog.
Checklist to consider for Dog boarding
- Contact the kennel or dog handler at the pet boarding before the trip to plan a visit for you and your dog.
- Perform a proper inspection. If at any point you’re looking for a commercial dog kennel, find out if they are certified or are members of a professional organization.If you are interviewing a person, find out how long they have been sitting in the dog and how many repeat customers they have had. Also, check out some references.
- Learn about immunization requirements. Most kennels will need to be vaccinated against Bordetella, as well as against rabies, fever, hepatitis, parvovirus and parainfluenza. Are dogs also tested for fleas and ticks?
- Observe clean, safe and sanitary conditions at the dog boarding. There should be suitable, safe fenced training areas and sleeping areas with comfortable non-slip surfaces. Are we welcome to visit any places in the kennel or home that the dog will have access to? Are they safe and free of harmful chemicals?
- Meet the handlers and watch them interact with your dog. How many dogs will they take care of at one time? How much do dogs exercise, and how often are they brought out to get rid of it? What type of animal care education and training does the service provider have?
- Consider measures for passenger comfort. These include fresh drinking water, temperature control, ventilation and shelter.
- Find out what happens if your dog has any health care needs or emergencies that require medication and/or veterinary services. Determine if your pet care provider is certified to provide first aid to animals.
- Assess the situation of the staff at the dog boarding. Is there adequate staff on site 24 hours a day? Is there an emergency evacuation plan?
- Observe the treatment of dogs at the dog boarding facility. Is it allowed to communicate with other dogs? How well it is maintained.
Other considerations about Dog Boarding
Quality is very important, but the cost is also important in determining the place of boarding.
Find out the day/night rates and whether this includes walks, personalized attention, medication, and bathing.
What form of payment do they use, and do you pay when you pick up the dog?
What is the check-out time, and how much do you pay if you are late? And what is the cancellation policy?
In some places, late cancellation is subject to a fine, which can be understood if they have rejected other orders.
Consider a short overnight stay if your dog has not been seated before.
Even dog daycare in the afternoon can be a good ordeal. This will help your dog feel more relaxed and even more comfortable, and the handler will better understand your dog’s needs. This will also allow you to observe and monitor how your dog is behaving when you pick him up.
Does your dog really want to leave?
Are you tired but happy? Stop saying goodbye to the caretaker?
Ask the handler to provide a detailed verbal report on how your dog has responded to the new environment.
When you let your dog pick up, bring his food, health and veterinary information, a bed, and your favourite toys.
Be sure to leave up-to-date contact information as well as an emergency contact.
Be positive and optimistic when you leave your pet behind. Say goodbye briefly and kindly.
When you pick up your dog from the pet boarding kennel or dog handler’s home, please do not feed or give them a drink for at least four hours after returning home.
They are likely to be agitated, which can lead to food ingestion, vomiting and diarrhea.
If they look thirsty, give a few ice cubes instead of water. Then let the dog calm down and rest.
Often the hardest part of leaving town is believing that someone will take care of your puppy. You are taking the time to find a pick-up option that you trust and like for your dog will eventually change.
7 Reasons why you need to use pet boarding service
More and more families are seeing their pets as part of their household.
While some Americans choose to leave their dog or cat at home when travelling, some families may choose to bring their pets along the way.
However, sometimes for the safety and happiness of your pet, you need to consider the boarding situation.
Here are 7 reasons to seriously consider pet daycare if you want to bring your pet on vacation.
1. Let your pet make new friends.
Dogs are creatures that bind a gang. While some dogs may not like being near pets, they don’t know; many dogs like the dog boarding service because it allows them to play with other dogs.
If you value your pet’s happiness, you know how important it can be for dogs who like to communicate to have quality time with other dogs.
The pet boarding service will ensure that your dog gets the desired playing time and is safe.
2. Pet Boarding Help Protect your belongings when you’re away
According to the American Pet Products Association, nearly 85 million homeowners have a pet. When those pet owners leave town, what prevents their dog or cat from tearing furniture apart?
You can hire a pet sitter, but local pet care or pet boarding is sometimes more convenient and fun for your pet.
Whether you choose a dog boarding service when you’re out of town or a pet nursery when you’re at work, you can protect your pet from trouble at home with a local pet boarding service.
3. Reduce anxiety and stress for your pet
The conclusive thing you want to do during the holidays is worry about one of the most precious members of your family. Leaving a dog or cat at home not only makes you worry about your home – it adds more stress to your shoulders because you worry about their safety.
Cat feeding services and dog boardingor pet daycare services keep you excited about what your pet is doing while you’re not around.
4. Don’t travel alone
If you love to travel with your pet but have to go where they can’t follow, a dog boarding service or similar pet daycare service allows you to travel with your pet but also have fun while you relax and explore.
There’s no reason why your dog or cat can’t enjoy a vacation when you’re both away from home.
It can be challenging to choose the right pet boarding services for your dog or cat. Your pet deserves to be properly taken care of just like you would during the holidays.
Book a reservation today and arrange a relaxing, fun getaway for one of your family’s most beloved members.
5. You can’t be around your pets when you’re away from home
If you’re away from home, but still want to see your pet, a pet boarding service is a perfect solution. Just like with any other type of care, you should choose a reputable company to safeguard your furry friend.
6. Your pets could fall sick and require medical attention
Every pet owner knows the feeling of deep sadness when their beloved animal is not feeling well. They are like family and they should be treated as such.
Unfortunately, many people don’t have the time to take care of their pets let alone take them to a vet. Luckily, there is an option for this problem – a pet boarding service.
7. You want to take your pet on vacation
As the popularity of pets increases, so do the number of people who want to take their pets on vacation. However, most families are not prepared for a pet’s abandonment or behaviour issues when they are away.
A pet boarding service solves these problems by housing your pet in an environment specifically designed for them while you’re away and providing care in case of illness.
Questions People Ask
Why is it necessary to board a pet?
Dog Kennels Are an Excellent Method of Socializing Your Pet
Dogs have a strong group drive and want connection. It is extremely critical to socialize puppies so they can learn to adapt to new situations. Pet boarding enables them to socialize with humans and other puppies in a secure environment.
How frequently may a dog be boarded?
According to Dr Sarah Wooten, DVM, a veterinarian and veterinary expert with Pumpkin Pet Insurance, most dogs can tolerate two days to four weeks of boarding.
Do dogs love vacationing at pet resorts?
At our resorts, we offer daycare. Your dog will play, socialize with other dogs, and have a fun-filled, action-packed day before returning home for a long nap.
What do dogs do while they are boarded?
They have ample opportunity to exercise and play in specially prepared play yards. We are equipped to provide enjoyable activities for your pet, such as swimming or playing outside with an attendant. Multiple pets can be accommodated more readily in the same kennel.
Is boarding a dog cruel?
While it may really appear to be a very reasonable option, boarding your dog in a standard kennel while you are gone may cause more harm than good. Dogs left in kennels frequently experience excessive anxiety, medical problems, and behavioural changes as a result of their emotions of abandonment.
Is boarding a stressful experience for dogs?
Atypical Dog Behavior Following Boarding
Dogs rarely experience trauma as a result of their stay in a boarding facility. If sufficient preparations and investigation are completed before selecting a boarding facility, nothing should go wrong during your dog’s stay.
What is considered the proper way to board a dog for the first time?
Take your dog to daycare several times before boarding.
- Maintain current contact information.
- Ascertain that your dog’s vaccines are current.
- Holiday reservations should be made one to two months in advance.
- Inform the personnel of your requirements.
We hope you enjoyed this article… What are your thoughts on 7 Reasons why you need Pet Boarding Service?
Рleаse let us knоw yоur thоughts in the соmments seсtiоn. Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.